About this project
Based on public input and the Northern Rochester Transportation Study findings, the following improvements are recommended:
- Construct a folded diamond interchange at the intersection of 65th Street NW and Hwy 52
- Construct auxiliary lanes on Hwy 52 between 55th Street NW and 65th Street NW
- Realign 34th Street in the northwest quadrant of the interchange area in the future
The first stage of construction is planned to include a new interchange at 65th Street Northwest and auxiliary lanes on Hwy 52 between 55th Street and 65th Street. The project will be locally funded.
Hwy 52 is a high priority interregional corridor that connects Rochester and the Twin Cities Metro Area. The 65th Street Interchange project would help correct existing and future system deficiencies and meet long-range traffic demands.
- Improve safety and reduce congestion
- Improve local traffic circulation