Greater Minnesota Transit Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Plan 2010-2030 defines the future vision for public transportation across Greater Minnesota and sets forth policies and strategies to meet that vision.
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan, developed by MnDOT in 2011, sets priorities for transit investments in scenarios of both expanded and contracted future funding.
Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative
The VTCLI initiative provided $1.77 million federal DOT grant to improve transportation service information available through the MinnesotaHelp™ Network, Minnesota’s existing hot line and web resource center for human service information. The funding will purchase hardware and software licenses to expand the MinnesotaHelp Network’s communicaton and information-sharing tools to transportation providers and veterans organizations.
2013 Transit Report: A Guide to Minnesota's Public Transit Systems
The 2013 Transit Report was prepared by the Minnesota Department of Transportation with assistance from the Metropolitan Council. This report is a guide to Minnesota's public transportation network and resources.
MnDOT District 3 Transit
Public transit is available in all of the district’s 13 counties. This includes county-wide systems in Crow Wing, Todd and Wadena Counties; multi-county-wide systems in Aitkin, Benton, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Sherburne, Stearns and Wright counties. City of Pine River Service was absorbed by the Crow Wing County program.
The River Rider public transit service in Sherburne County will be provided by the Tri-CAP Transit Connection and Wright County Service will be delivered by Trailblazer Transit.
Congressional District 6 Transit System Highlights
St. Cloud Metro Bus-Fixed Route
- Awarded $3.3 million federal grant to construct a compressed natural gas fueling station and make facility renovations
- Completed transit center expansion and renovation to make facility accessible and customer-friendly
- Provided 700+ “How to Ride the Bus” travel trainings
- Metro Bus fixed route drivers placed first and second in Minnesota Bus Roadeo competition
St. Cloud Metro Bus- Dial-A-Ride
- Dial-a-Ride driver placed second at national bus roadeo competition
- Increased capacity on dial-a-ride for persons with disabilities by eliminating late-night and extended-area
- general public use of services
- Improved trip scheduling efficiency by providing coordinated group rides through direct and express
- New training facility in downtown to be open for operations in May 2014, travel training and general customer service
- Awarded $1.1 million state bond funds for dial-a-ride garage addition and operation center roof replacement
St. Cloud Metrobus-Northstar Link
- Reverse commute aspects of route more successful than initially anticipated.
Congressional Districts 6, 7 and 8 Transit System Highlights
Tri-Cap Transit Connection
- Revamped rural service and flexible routes for greater productivity
- Successfully implemented mobile data tablets on buses to replace paper manifests
- Increased ridership by 7% over 2011 levels
- Developed plans for assuming public transit responsibilities in Sherburne County.
- Developing $1.2 million federally funded contract for Little Falls Transit Center for storage and local administration
Congressional District 8 Transit System Highlights
Brainerd & Crow Wing Public Transit
- Merged operations of Pine River transit program
- Secured funding and implemented new dispatching technology system-wide
Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express
- Worked with local developmental achievement centers to provide their clients the option to use public transit
- Expanded shop services to offer bus maintenance and service repairs to other public transit systems in the region
Pine River Ride With Us Bus
- Merged operations with Brainerd/Crow Wing Public Transit
Timber Trails Public Transit
- Ridership increased 12% over 2011 levels, continuing three straight years of double-digit increases
- Updated website, including a new section called the “Driver’s Tool Box”
- Expanded ride services to Industries Inc. in Mora
Wadena County Friendly Rider Transit
- Ridership increased by 19% over 2011 levels, the system’s previous highest-recorded ridership year