Greater Minnesota Transit Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Plan 2010-2030 defines the future vision for public transportation across Greater Minnesota and sets forth policies and strategies to meet that vision.
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan, developed by MnDOT in 2011, sets priorities for transit investments in scenarios of both expanded and contracted future funding.
Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative
The VTCLI initiative provided $1.77 million federal DOT grant to improve transportation service information available through the MinnesotaHelp™ Network, Minnesota’s existing hot line and web resource center for human service information. The funding will purchase hardware and software licenses to expand the MinnesotaHelp Network’s communicaton and information-sharing tools to transportation providers and veterans organizations.
2013 Transit Report: A Guide to Minnesota's Public Transit Systems
The 2013 Transit Report was prepared by the Minnesota Department of Transportation with assistance from the Metropolitan Council. This report is a guide to Minnesota's public transportation network and resources.
MnDOT District 2 Transit
Of the 11 counties located within MnDOT District 2, all counties have countywide transit services except for Clearwater, where transit service is limited to the City of Bagley.
Mahnomen County Heartland Express operations are to be merged with Tri-Valley Heartland Express in 2014, creating greater opportunities for travel outside to important services the county for its residents.
Congressional District 7 Transit System Highlights
East Grand Forks Transit
- Increased ridership by 28 percent.
Far North Public Transit
- Increased student rides by 10%
- Established a summer activities ride program for school age children near Warroad
- Began partnership efforts with Paul Bunyan to share dispatch services in the Baudette
- Worked with the Ministerial Association to ensure continued Sunday bus service
Red Lake Transit
- Added new security lighting using ulta-bright LED bulbs to transit facility
- Installed new security camera system covering building interiors and exteriors
Tri-Valley Heartland Express
- 90 children participated in a summer recreation bus program in Crookston, Thief River Falls and Bagley
- Implemented preventative maintenance program on all buses, resulting in costs savings on repairs
- Used social media to effectively market service to student populations
- Prepared for merger of Mahnomen Heartland Express
- Previous JARC program incorporated into public transit program
Congressional District 8 Transit System Highlights
Hubbard County Heartland Express
- Added contracts with County Veterans Service Officers to increase access for veterans
- Offered summer recreation passes for kids, increasing youth ridership by 14%
Paul Bunyan Transit
- Became an authorized service center for Braun Lifts to assist other transit agencies in the area
- Reduced maintenance costs through in-house mechanics
- Updated website for easier access