About the project
The 55 miles of Hwy 11 between Hwy 72 and Hwy 71 is being reconstructed to improve road strength and safety. Project includes widening shoulders, resurfacing and culvert replacement.
Hwy 11 is the 65-mile corridor that connects Baudette and International Falls. It serves as an essential link for local residents, tourism and commercial trucking for the timber and pulp processing industry. The 55-mile portion from Hwy 72 to Hwy 71 has narrow shoulders, severely deteriorated pavement and weight restrictions in spring.
Current reconstruction projects
- Reconstruction between Hwy 72 and Clementson, realignment of corridor susceptible to erosion from Rainy River and flattening two sharp curves
- Reconstruction from Indus to Loman
- Future reconstruction from Loman to Pelland
- Improved ride quality that supports freight and commercial uses
- Improved safety
- Improved erosion and washout control