Greater Minnesota Transit Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Plan 2010-2030 defines the future vision for public transportation across Greater Minnesota and sets forth policies and strategies to meet that vision.
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan, developed by MnDOT in 2011, sets priorities for transit investments in scenarios of both expanded and contracted future funding.
Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative
The VTCLI initiative provided $1.77 million federal DOT grant to improve transportation service information available through the MinnesotaHelp™ Network, Minnesota’s existing hot line and web resource center for human service information. The funding will purchase hardware and software licenses to expand the MinnesotaHelp Network’s communicaton and information-sharing tools to transportation providers and veterans organizations.
2013 Transit Report: A Guide to Minnesota's Public Transit Systems
The 2013 Transit Report was prepared by the Minnesota Department of Transportation with assistance from the Metropolitan Council. This report is a guide to Minnesota's public transportation network and resources.
MnDOT District 1 Transit
All of District 1’s eight counties have county-wide transit systems. The cities of Duluth and Hibbing have city-operated transit systems. The Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa operate a public transit service. Some of the district's transit needs are met through other programs, including a program to provide transportation services for elderly persons and persons with disabilities, the Job Access Reverse Commute (JARC) program and New Freedom grants that assist individuals with disabilities with transportation, including transportation to and from jobs and employment support services.
Detailed information on District 1’s transit providers can be found at: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/transit/riders/index.html
- JARC funding provides access to jobs for residents of Lake, St. Louis and Itasca counties through Arrowhead Transit, Rural Rides program and to city of Duluth residents through the Duluth Transit Authority. Expanded to include Carlton in 2014.
- Ongoing capital improvement projects with the Duluth Transit Authority.
Congressional District 8 Transit System Highlights
- Branded system with new logo, bus color scheme and coordinated driver uniforms
- Centralized dispatching at the Gilbert facility
- Installed security cameras on all buses
- Operates route under contract to Boise Forte Band—Big Woods Transit
Duluth Transit Authority – Regular Route
- Secured all necessary funding for the new multimodal transportation center
- Provided five millionth ride under U-Pass program
- Purchased 10 new Gillig low floor heavy-duty transit buses
Duluth Transit Authority - Stride
- Ridership increased 6% since 2011
- Ridership increased 11.1% since 2007
Fond du Lac Transportation and Transit
- Commenced public transit operations under the auspices of MnDOT which includes three trips daily to Duluth
Hibbing Area Transit
- Hosted Defensive Driving/Maltreatment Awareness training
- Improved timeliness of dial-a-ride pick-ups