MnDOT Northeast District Transit
All eight counties in this district have county-wide transit systems. The cities of Duluth and Hibbing have city-operated transit systems. The Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the Bois Forte Band of Chippewa operate public transit services.
Transit systems in Congressional District 8
Select the links for summary information including system characteristics (fleet and service types, hours of operation), system performance (ridership, operating expenditures) and links to their external websites.
- Arrowhead Transit – serves people in Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, Pine and St Louis counties.
- Bois Forte Big Woods Transit fixed route and dial-a-ride services in and around the Bois Forte reservation
- Duluth Transit Authority serves people in Duluth, Superior and Proctor
- Duluth Transit Authority: STRIDE paratransit/dial-a-ride service serving people in Duluth, Superior and Proctor
- Fond du Lac Band Transit fixed route and dial-a-ride services in and around the Fond du Lac reservation
- Hibbing Area Transit fixed route and dial-a-ride services in and around the City of Hibbing
Greater Minnesota Transit Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Plan defines the future vision for public transportation across Greater Minnesota and sets forth policies and strategies to meet that vision.
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan
The Greater Minnesota Transit Investment Plan sets priorities for transit investments in scenarios of both expanded and contracted future funding.
Minnesota Ride Link
Minnesota Ride Link provides veterans, military families, and others a single source for information about transportation options. The Minnesota Ride Link project is sponsored by the Minnesota Departments of Veterans Affairs, Transportation, and Human Services and the Minnesota Board on Aging.
2016 Transit Report: A Guide to Minnesota's Public Transit Systems
The 2016 Transit Report was prepared by the Minnesota Department of Transportation with assistance from the Metropolitan Council and is a guide to Minnesota's public transportation network and resources.