MnDOT Northeast District Transit
All eight counties in this district have county-wide transit systems. The cities of Duluth and Hibbing have city-operated transit systems. The Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the Bois Forte Band of Chippewa operate public transit services.
Transit systems in Congressional District 8
Select the links for summary information including system characteristics (fleet and service types, hours of operation), system performance (ridership, operating expenditures) and links to their external websites.
- Arrowhead Transit – serves people in Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, Pine and St Louis counties.
- Bois Forte Big Woods Transit fixed route and dial-a-ride services in and around the Bois Forte reservation
- Duluth Transit Authority serves people in Duluth, Superior and Proctor
- Duluth Transit Authority: STRIDE paratransit/dial-a-ride service serving people in Duluth, Superior and Proctor
- Fond du Lac Band Transit fixed route and dial-a-ride services in and around the Fond du Lac reservation
- Hibbing Area Transit fixed route and dial-a-ride services in and around the City of Hibbing