Online learning for small businesses
This course gives an overview of managing change orders. Note: iPAD users will be prompted to download the Articulate free mobile player app.
This course is provided especially for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises and anyone interested in bidding as a prime contractor or performing as a subcontractor on MnDOT projects. It's made up of an introduction and seven units of study:
- Unit 1 - Basic concepts
- Unit 2 - Finding and reading bid information for MnDOT projects
- Unit 3 - Deciding whether to bid
- Unit 4 - Overhead costs
- Unit 5 - How to estimate project costs
- Unit 6 - Building the bid: best practices
- Unit 7 - Wrap up and course completion
The course opens in a new browser, and you can navigate between "menu" and "notes" tabs during the training. The menu tab gives you an overview of the course and lets you jump from unit to unit, while the notes tab gives you a written summary of that particular unit. Note: iPAD users will be prompted to download the Articulate free mobile player app.