MnDOT receives funding from the United States Department of Transportation to pay for eligible highway construction projects. Because MnDOT receives this funding, it is required to report to the USDOT information about the contracting opportunities available to firms paid for with USDOT dollars.
MnDOT is required to complete these reports every six months. There is a report submitted June 1, that covers contracting information between October 1 of the previous year through March 31 of the reporting year. The second piece of the report is due December 1, and covers data collected from April 1 through September 30 of the reporting year. The time covered in the reporting periods reflect the federal fiscal year.
The reports are broken into four main sections:
- Contracts awarded during the reporting period
- Breakdown by ethnicity and gender of contracts awarded during the reporting period
- Payments made on ongoing contracts
- Payments on contracts completed during the reporting period
For more information about how the report is calculated, see 49 CFR 26, Appendix B.
- 2017 June 1 DBE program report (PDF) - This report shows that 8.1% of dollars were awarded to DBEs. The agency goal is 11.7% for 2016-2018. MnDOT Office of Civil Rights continues to work towards achieving the goal and promotes opportunities for small businesses to compete for and participate in state contracting opportunities. See current activities to support small business opportunities.
- 2016 DBE program report (PDF)
- 2015 DBE program report (PDF)
- 2014 DBE program report (PDF)
If you have any questions about this information, please contact MnDOT Office of Civil Rights at 651-366-3073.