Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Academy
MnDOT has awarded a contract to IMO Consulting Group to deliver a multi-level business development program for certified small businesses. All aspects of this training program were designed with small businesses in mind, as the small business courses will give you the opportunity to learn from experts in your field and gain hands-on experience.
Classes are offered at the beginner (100 Series), intermediate (200 Series) and advanced (300 Series) levels in five key business functions:
- Bidding and Estimating
- Accounting and Finances
- Contract and Legal Issues
- Marketing Strategies
- Operation and Management
Review plans and learn how to prepare a successful bid.
Learn basic accounting, the importance of using QuickBooks systems and evaluate your company’s financial position to generate business projections.
Become familiar with legal components and ramifications in the construction industry. Gain an understanding of laws that affect the construction businesses and learn to reduce business liabilities.
Understand the concepts of branding and the importance of networking. Learn how to integrate different marketing techniques to reach your marketing goals; including social media, direct communication, email marketing basics and more.
Gain understanding of key components of running a business, review management strategies and identify short and long-term goals.
How do I sign up?
- DBE’s are encouraged to take a self-assessment to determine course needs and placement.
- Check out the upcoming course calendar and registration information.
- Courses will be held at either IMO Consulting Group’s Office in Minnetonka or the MnDOT Arden Hills Training Center. Each course is offered on multiple dates and are two to four hours in length.
- For direct assistance, contact Shannel Baker, IMO Consulting Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-446-7898