How to read the corridor maps
For each corridor a set of maps is provided that include the following information:
- Map A - Existing Conditions: Displays the existing infrastructure condition of MnDOT's assets as well as existing modal elements on the corridor including transit, freight, bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Map S - Existing Conditions - Safety: Displays existing safety conditions on the corridor. The map shows high priority intersections and curves identified in MnDOT's District Safety Plans. Recent crash data and Toward Zero Deaths (TZD) coordination efforts are also shown.
- Map B - 2012-2015 STIP Projects: Displays projects in the 2012-2015 State Transportation Improvement Program. These projects.are viewed as commitments by MnDOT and include projects on the state trunk highway system.
- Map C - Anticipated Future Performance Based Needs 2016-2021: Displays future needs on state highways during the six years after the STIP. Pavement, bridge, drainage, safety, and mobility needs are displayed. These needs are greater than MnDOT's ability to address them during this period.
- Map D - Recent Investments 2002-2011: Displays projects completed on the corridor since 2002. Projects are displayed based on investment type. The majority of past investments have been bridge and pavement preservation projects.