Open to traffic
Burnsville Parkway to Southcross Drive in Burnsville
- Added a lane of capacity to northbound I-35W between Southcross Drive near the I-35W/I-35E split and Burnsville Parkway
- Extended the existing MnPASS lane and Smart Lanes on northbound I-35W two miles farther south
- Created a continuous MnPASS/Smart Lanes system on northbound I-35W from Southcross Drive near the I-35W/I-35E split in Burnsville to downtown Minneapolis
- Created a system of bus lanes and shoulders to enable improved transit service in the south Metro Area
- Resurfaced northbound I-35W between Southcross Drive and Burnsville Parkway
- Resurfaced southbound I-35W between Highway 13 and Southcross Drive
- Constructed noise walls
- Reduced congestion, increased travel reliability and improved safety while providing more transportation choices
More about MnPASS
MnPASS Express Lanes offer solo drivers a congestion-free choice by paying a toll to use the High Occupancy Vehicle/carpool lane. Carpools with two or more occupants, motorcycles and transit buses can use the Express Lanes free of charge. Watch a video about how Express Lanes relieve congestion.
More about SmartLane technology
We use SmartLanes information and technology to manage traffic and increase roadway efficiency.