Information and files used to format HydInfra data. Most data collection will be done using Trimble Data Dictionaries and Pathfinder Office hif export setup. This is the preferred option for most conditions. Be aware that Trimble RTK with GTO software does not export easily or directly to the hif format. See the HydInfra Inspector page for information on the hif Export Setup.
HydInfra data can be created a few different ways
- Trimble GPS with TerraSync (hif format) - used for field inspections
- ArcPad field inspection
- Published format - used for highway project design data from Geopak software
- Oracle Forms
- ArcMap HydInfra Tools - new features, minimal data
HydInfra data fields
- HyiHelp lists feature types, fields and attributes
- How to use HydInfra HyiHelp
Geopak and alternate data formatting
A second file formatting option is available for data entry to the HydInfra database. This ASCII text option allows exported Geopak Drainage project data to be uploaded to the HydInfra database. It may also be used to format data from GPS equipment other than Trimble.
- Alternative published format - text format for data not collected with Trimble GPS
Design-Build project HydInfra requirements