Statewide Bicycle System Plan
Making bicycling safe, comfortable and convenient for all people
The Statewide Bicycle System Plan represents MnDOT’s vision and goals for bicycle transportation, implementation strategies, and performance measures to evaluate progress toward achieving this vision. The plan falls in line with MnDOT’s family of plans, including Minnesota GO. It follows the completion of the Statewide Bicycle Planning Study.
- Statewide Bicycle System Plan (PDF)
- Executive Summary (PDF)
- Implementation and Work Plan (PDF)
- Public Comments (PDF)
- Safety and comfort: Build and maintain safe and comfortable bicycling facilities for people of all ages and abilities.
- Local bicycle connections: Support regional and local bicycling needs.
- State bicycle network: Develop a connected network of state bicycle routes in partnership with national, state, regional and local partners.
- Ridership: Increase the number of bicycle trips made by people who already bike and those who currently do not.