We're holding workshops around Minnesota in April and May. All are welcome. Kid-friendly activities will be provided and resources will be available about biking basics.
Workshops will include a brief project overview and a series of facilitated activities so we can ask things like:
- Where do you feel comfortable biking?
- What destinations do you want to reach by bicycle?
- What highways affect your biking experience?
- How should MnDOT prioritize its biking improvements?
Workshop dates and locations
All workshops will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. and attendees should plan to stay the entire time. There will also be a community open house from 6 to 7 p.m., where people can come and go.
- April 23 in St. Cloud – Whitney Senior Center, 1527 Northway Drive – served by Metro Bus Routes 1, 2, 4, 13, 31, 33
- April 30 in Granite Falls – Kilowatt Community Center, 600 Kilowatt Drive – served by Heartland Express and rides are scheduled at 320-564-3800
- May 1 in Fergus Falls – West Central Initiative, 1000 Western Avenue – served by Transit Alternatives and rides can be scheduled
- May 6 in Mankato – Blue Earth County Library, 100 E. Main Street – served by City of Mankato bus routes 2, 3, 4, 5
- May 7 in Bemidji – Hampton Inn and Suites, 1019 Paul Bunyan Drive South – served by Paul Bunyan Transit and rides can be scheduled
- May 8 in Duluth – Duluth City Hall, 411 West First Street – served by Duluth Transit Authority routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 14
- May 13 in Rochester – University Center Rochester, Heintz Center HA 102, 1926 Collegeview Road East – served by City of Rochester
bus route 3
- May 14 in St. Paul – Neighborhood House at Wellstone Center Westside Room, 179 Robie Street East – served by Metro Transit bus routes 68, 71
- May 15 in Minneapolis – University of Minnesota Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center, 2001 Plymouth Avenue North – served by Metro Transit bus routes 7, 19
If you can’t attend the workshops, there are other ways you can participate and send in your comments:
- Fill out our online survey and map your preferred bicycle routes and destinations
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Greta Alquist, MnDOT Office of Transit MS 315, 395 John Ireland Boulevard, St. Paul, MN, 55155