Bicycle and pedestrian traffic counts
Transportation planners and engineers need information about non-motorized traffic volumes to respond to the demands for improvements in bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure. For further information, please email BikePedCounts.DOT@state.mn.us.
- Bicycle and pedestrian-counting project wins Center for Transportation Studies Research Partnership Award
- Minnesota: Where Every Step Counts (YouTube)
- Methodologies for counting bicyclists and pedestrians (PDF)
- Non-Motorized traffic analysis (PDF)
- Local count report (PDF)
- Bicycle and pedestrian data collection manual (PDF)