In order to position Minnesota to see the full benefits of technology and meet community transportation needs, MnDOT and its CAV-X office work with public and private entities to develop a statewide vision for CAV. Below are a few partners we work with regularly, however we are currently in partnership with over 51 different partners at any one time.
- 3M - This partnership with 3M is to support research testing at the MnROAD facility and I-94 corridor from Albertville to St. Cloud. This research primarily focuses on testing automated vehicle technology that will improve and empower machine vision as well as human vision at night or in inclement weather.
- EasyMile – One of the first CAV public engagement events to take place in Minnesota was done in partnership with the EasyMile’s Level 4 shuttle during the 2018 Super Bowl. Headquartered in France, EasyMile develops unique in-house software used to automate various transportation vehicles. Through this partnership, hundreds of Minnesotan’s from various walks of life were able to ride in a highly automated shuttle
- ITS Minnesota- ITS Minnesota seeks to foster grassroots participation and public-private partnerships in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), which generate interest, excitement, cooperation and progress focused on implementation results.
- MnROAD - is a pavement test track made up of various research materials and pavements owned and operated by MnDOT. Often times, through private public partnerships, CAV-X will work private agencies to test and observe automated vehicle performance under controlled weather and surface conditions at MnROAD.
- Plus.AI - is a self-driving trucking technology company that is seeking to commercialize its trucks, which will require preparing them to drive in extremely cold winter road conditions. In partnership with MnDOT, Plus.AI will put their trucks to the test at MnROAD to see how the fare in Minnesota’s frigid climate.
- Regional Traffic Management Center - The RTMC is where State Patrol, MnDOT Maintenance, and MnDOT Freeway Operations work together to quickly detect issues on roadways.
- VSI Labs – MnDOT and VSI labs have teamed up to expose Minnesotan’s to automated vehicles via live demonstrations. This home grown tech company is one of the premiere Minnesota based companies working on this rapidly evolving technology.
Interested in Partnering with MnDOT?
To learn more about how your organization can partner with MnDOT on connected and automated vehicles, email CAV-X Executive Director, Kristin White, at firstname.lastname@example.org.