About this project
Since 2016, MnDOT has been working with neighborhoods, community groups, district councils, local governments and others interested in the future of I-94 between St. Paul and Minneapolis in an eﬀort to plan for transportation changes on and along the freeway.
We want your input!
As part of the data gathering efforts for this study, we need to hear from you. Check out the study area and provide your comments on the Rethinking I-94 interactive map (you can also view a PDF version of this map).
This work will develop an implementation schedule that guides future project development efforts and identiﬁes construction projects.
The goals of this project include:
- Developing a comprehensive, long-term and community-based approach to address I-94 study area needs
- Better understanding who uses I-94, how they use it and what parts of the study area work/do not work for people. Click here for a short summary of MnDOT’s engagement efforts through December 2017
- Gaining a stronger understanding of the condition of I-94 including bridges, walls and tunnels in the study area
- Determining how to best address mobility needs on I-94
Scope of work
- Develop project alternatives
- Comprehensively evaluate condition of I-94 including bridges, walls and tunnels in the study area
- Forecast travel demands
- Analyze origin-destination and transit operation data
- Conduct beneﬁt-cost analysis
- Develop short- and long-term recommendations, including a phased implementation plan
- Identify/target I-94 stakeholders (market segmentation)
- Develop engagement strategies and tactics