About this project
During the next two years, MnDOT will work with neighborhoods, community groups, district councils, local governments and others interested in the future of I-94 between St. Paul and Minneapolis.
We want your input!
As part of the data gathering efforts for this study, we need to hear from you. Check out the study area and provide your comments on the Rethinking I-94 interactive map (you can also view a PDF version of this map).
USDOT releases Every Place Counts Design Challenge report
This work will develop an implementation schedule that guides future project development efforts and identiﬁes construction projects.
The goals of this project include:
- Developing a comprehensive, long-term and community-based approach to address I-94 study area needs
- Better understanding who uses I-94, how they use it and what parts of the study area work/do not work for people
- Gaining a stronger understanding of the condition of I-94 including bridges, walls and tunnels in the study area
- Determining how to best address mobility needs on I-94
Scope of work
- Develop project alternatives
- Comprehensively evaluate condition of I-94 including bridges, walls and tunnels in the study area
- Forecast travel demands
- Analyze origin-destination and transit operation data
- Conduct beneﬁt-cost analysis
- Develop short- and long-term recommendations, including a phased implementation plan
- Identify/target I-94 stakeholders (market segmentation)
- Develop engagement strategies and tactics